Rockline Test 5 - Time-To-Clean Evaluation of Hardest-to-Clean Product
Time-to-Clean Evaluation of Hardest-to-Clean Product
For the "Hardest-To-Clean" product:
- Weigh 18 cleaned 5x5 cm2 coupon and record their weights in CPCI's Cleanability Test Template.
- Apply (spike) approximately 2 mLs of the "Hardest-To-Clean" product onto the coupon surfaces and spread it out evenly in the 5x5 cm2 test area.
- Dry the "spiked" coupons in a Mechanical Convection oven at 60°C for about 1 hour.
- Repeat spiking until significant residues are visible on coupons (approx. 15 to 20 applications).
- Re-weigh coupons and confirm that > 0.02 grams of residue are on the coupons. If not continue spiking.
- Hang all 18 coupons in the CIP Model System and run the system with 30°C tap water stopping the system every 5 seconds and removing a set of 3 coupons from the Top, Middle and Bottom location until all 6 sets are removed (approx. 30 seconds)
- Dry the coupons in a 60°C Oven until dry.
- Cool and reweigh each coupon
- Calculate the weight of product residue remaining on each coupon
- If residue is not detectable, swab the Middle coupon for Total Organic Carbon analysis (TOC)
- Use the residue data from the gravimetric and TOC analyses to generate a regression model.
- Transform the regression model if not linear
- Calculate the Time-To-Clean using 1 microgram/cm^2 as the target residue.